Friday, September 18, 2009

Open House Featured Artist: Alexis Martinez

Artist: Alexis Martinez
This piece will be on display 11/20/09

Here is a little bit about HGL's own Alexis Martinez, one of our featured artists during the HGL Open House/Art Show (November 20th from 6-9pm at the new 380 West Pierpont Ave. location.)

"Hey! My name is Alexis Martinez. I'm originally from Texas, but moved to Salt Lake City after 6th grade. I am a senior at Judge Memorial Catholic High and will graduate in May 2010. I'm currently applying for the United States Military Academy and the Naval Academy. I am also pursuing an ROTC scholarship. I aim to become a pilot or bio mechanical engineer, and I am contemplating Pre-Medicine.

I am an avid soccer player, snowboarder, skateboarder, and runner. I love to read, write, and listen to music.

Art has always been a part of my life, I started with Japanese cartoons in my preteens. As I started Art classes at Judge, Mr. Bettin incorporated realistic art and design in place of Cartoons. I still do both as a hobby.

Higher Ground Learning has been an AMAZZZING experience for me. I love the environment and the staff. Not only have I improved my grades at school, I created friends. :)"

Come support this artist, student, and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment