Friday, September 4, 2009

Dunkin' Donuts has never insulted me.


Coffee drinkers beware.

This morning I visited a coffee shop/bakery directly south of HGL, adjoined to Tony Caputo's Market & Deli at 314 W 300 S, and rhymes with "Barlucci's". I arrived at "Barlucci's" (wink) around 10:30am for an iced coffee. The girl who served me fooled me into thinking she was nice and was able to hold some small enjoyable conversation. As a customer I was polite, personable, and left a tip after I was served. I said "thank you" and proceeded to the small station where I could prepare my coffee with just enough cream and sugar to make it bearable to drink, as I stirred the ingredients into my coffee, one "Barlucci's" girl says to the other, "remember when we worked at Whole Foods and a billion hot guys would come it all at once?" and the other "Barlucci's" girl says, "Yeah, a ton of hot guys." That's when the first "Barlucci's girl says "No good looking guys ever come in here, Ever." I was four feet away from this conversation. If I had tipped cash I would have reached into that poor excuse for a tip jar and grabbed my money back. I don't consider my self a stunner or a hunk but C'MON! Really!?

Viva Higher Ground Learning

Greg

4 comments:

  1. Greg, you're awesome.

    But no duh...you work at Billy's Center for Learning Good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. i guess they do not think I am good looking. I will not give them the change after buy my coffee if they do not think I am hot
    - Justin Cutler A.K.A Master Chef

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot. I did not mean to remove my other comment. I have never had Dunkin' Dounuts before. When I had donuts it was when my dad brought them from a local donut shop. After that closed I was going to a Krispy Kreme ever now and then in another part of Utah (maybe Murray or Sandy) but then I stopped doing that. Now I never get donuts. Krispy Kreme was good but it makes me wonder what they put in there donuts if they spelled both crispy and cream wrong...I just looked up the history and it looks like some guy (sounds like he was foreign) named Vernon Rudolph got the original recipe from a French chef from New Orleans. That may be why they spell it funny or it looks cooler that Crispy Cream

    ReplyDelete